It’s that time of the year when we start reflecting about the year. I was thinking about when I started this blog how frightened I was to share our story. In fact, I started it and wrote a post and it stayed hidden for months. My daughter had just peeked her head out of psychosis and I wasn’t really sure what was going to come next. But, here we are, over a year later and I have some great updates!
- Last week she was back behind the wheel for the first time in nearly 18 months. She was a bit rusty, but did great for such a long break!
- She is on the hunt for a part-time job! She’s been applying and looking at her options, but is excited to get out there into the adult world.
- Her college experience has been a positive one. She continues to make the Dean’s list and has quite the social life with her circle of friends.
- She is reading books again! If you have experience with a child that has schizophrenia you know how big this is. Concentration is a struggle and she’s able to read through books at a quick clip like she used to.
- I am so incredibly proud of her strength, trust, and determination to go through such horrible symptoms and come out on the other side.
I hope this share helps those that are navigating crisis and provides some level of hope. This is a day-to-day journey, even when things are going well.
Sending healing thoughts to all those struggling.